PS 169 Q (Bay Terrace) – Queens
Project at a Glance
Client: NYC - SCA
Location: Queens, New York
Contract Value: $8,552,000.00
Completion Date: January 2010
The key elements of this project included:
- Exterior building restoration including 100% face brick replacement and all associated anchoring and repairs to back up wall surfaces – area of 16,000 sf.
- Reconstruction of parapet walls at low buildings (kindergarten, cafeteria, gymnasium, and main canopy – area of 6,000 sf.
- Partial roof replacement at reconstructed parapets and total roof replacement at main entrance canopy – 6,000 sf.
- Repointing and re-caulking of all exterior stones – 800 units.
- Removal of all exterior and interior window guards and replacement of selective exterior and interior guards – 125 units.
- Remove and replace window shades at entire building – 365 units.
- Install glass block wall at lunchroom – 1,800 sf.
- Removal of existing steel windows and frames and replacement with insulated aluminum framed windows – 365 units.
- Replacement of all window sills with cast stone sills, including all flashing – 365 units.
- Replacement of kindergarten steps with new flamed granite steps and rails.
- Miscellaneous interior ceiling and wall plaster and painting
- Selective replacement of roof drains – 12 ea.
- Remove and replace security light system.