Upland Park Reconstruction – Hudson River Park Segment 3
Project at a Glance
Client: Hudson River Park
Location: New York
Contract Value: $10,480,000.00
Completion Date: July 2008
As the General Contractor on this $10,480,000 site development project PCS was responsible for the site clearing, bulkhead restoration, earthwork, underground site utilities, concrete foundations, finish pavement, landscaping and site furnishings. The area involved spans from Pier 40 to Laight St. and from the waterfront to the Westside Highway.
The key elements of this project included:
- Demolition of all above and belowground structures.
- Approximately 7,000 lf of water main and drainage systems.
- Over 13,800 cy of earthwork, consisting of planting soils and backfill.
- Installing 1,200 cy of concrete walls and foundations.
- Restoring the bulkhead and installing 780 cy of bulkhead granite copings.
- Installing 60,000 sf. of various types of pavement surfaces.
- Placing over 960 tons of landscape boulders.
- Installing over 15,000 sf. of wood decking comprising of 3 overlooks and a nature walk.
- Construct a new basketball court.
- Installing over 5,000 sf. of color athletic surface
- Providing an irrigation system for 12,500 sf. of planting area..
- Installing over $400,000 of site furnishings.